Monday, March 21, 2011

This Cancer Thing

I am supposed to be over it.

Yet, I am not. And why?

The Tsunami nightmare in Japan?

Could be the the bombing in Libya?

No, there is no pain in my ear or the back.

Ahaa! where are the Red Wing Blackbirds?

Long long long overdue.

It is no spring with nary

That demanding call,

“Maitre Deee! Maitre Deee” where are you?

Did the tsunami scare them off?

It sure would me. How about you?

Are they up north? It’s warm there now.

Could be better nesting.

Global warming, earthquakes, arctic melting.

Nuclear meltdown! Chernobyl. Again?

Floods another war, foreclosures, no jobs,

Gas, four dollars. five dollars?

No Red Wings no Grackles?

Are 40 days of darkness before us?

What exactly is ailing me?

Maybe the planet has the cancer?

And not me.

For sure man made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Schrank,
I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.
Is your cancer---poetic or tissue-based? or, related to that carbuncle?

This is the time of year for uplifting love and wings.

We've been inundated with body/mind stuff too. Edmond had a mini stroke two weeks ago that looked first like a mirgaine then turned wild, leaving him visually impaired. So i've been tending to his needs and his driving.

my prayers and love,
warmly,

Kaima

Robert Schrank said...

Thanks for your very kind comment. Yes, I did have a cancer on my ear and my back. They have been surgically removed I hope for good. But we shall see. Love RS