Friday, December 3, 2010

Goodbye Aldo!

Sitting on the edge of the bed staring at the bay

Trying to unbend a dream of again, lost and searching?

For what for whom? Before the morning mist had gone, I’d know.

There before the little cat door in tears is Kate.

In her arms is Aldo mouth wide open in pain.

“His back legs paralyzed. He can’t move them.

I’m sure he has a blood clot.”

On a lonely farm in Minnesota miles from anywhere 's

Cats took Kate as their best, best friend.

Snookims was dressed up pushed around in a doll carriage.

Now Aldo like his brother Louigi had to be put down.

Just to save him from the pain.

Louigi’s legs had turned to sticks when he went down.

Aldo couldn’t move them anymore. Dr. Brian said,

“He is to old to have a chance.” I knew what it meant, I left.

Kate stayed and held him, “he went peacefully to sleep.”

A state decidedly to be wished for.

Now we are without our precious friends.

Everyday they reminded us of the many ways of life.

Kate you heard Dr. Howard, “Louigi and Aldo are together having fun.”

As we make it through December.

Can we try to do that?

3 comments:

Jean Freeman said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved family member. I'm thinking of both of you and will call later this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Well, Aldo and Luigi were all of our cats. I have tears in my eyes, you have so beautifully captured love and open heartedness and pain and life. It is especially meaningful as I am going to my mother's memorial service in California tomorrow and will carry some of the love that you share with all of us and with them. Thank you

The Cafarelli Family said...

So sorry to learn of your loss. Aldo and Luigi were among the first to welcome us to the neighborhood.