Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Worry Cup Runeth Over! 3/29/12

Still dealing with the sicklys. Dr.'s trying to find out who or what is attacking my abdomen ? In the meantime I am trying to keep up with the whirlwind of crap that is confusing my view. I know I am suppose to be hanging on to all the little tiny nuances going at the Supreme Court. “Did you notice that Justice Kennedy looked up at the ceiling when Justice Ginsburg asked what is the blah blah blah about Obama Care?” Besides we wont know exactly how this most politically active court will decide until June. So, I’m going to put that on “hold.” For now,as my worry cup is concerned with a lot of other stuff. For instance.

It may be out of the headlines but the Fukushimia Dailichi Nuclear meltdown continues. If it burns out the bottom of the container vessel we will have another Chenobel.
The President of the Maldives acknowledging that his country is going underwater as a result of rising ocean levels. CLIMATE CHANGE. Polar Bears are the Canaries in the coal mine.

Prime Minister Netanyahu and Defense Minister Barak are itching to drop a bomb or two on Iran’s Nuclear Operation. After heavy reading on the issue of Iran’s Nuclear pursuit I conclude that this attack by Israel may well be a foregone conclusion. They cannot do this without the help of the US. They need “Bunkerbuster Bombs and guess what, we are the only one who have em. Remember the Open Mic conversation between Obama and Medvedev? (Obama telling Medvedev to wait until he is reelected.)

The Israeli’s know this timetable problem as well as the Russians. Except they don’t believe they have the luxury of waiting. I don’t hear voices tackling this issue.
In Netanyahu’s recent visit to the US he very successfully maneuvered the President in this critical election period into saying the US will not leave Israel in a lurch over the Iran nuclear bomb issue. Obama drew Red Lines and yes he tried to convince Netanyahu to “let the world wide boycott of Iran take its effect before we do anything.” Netanyahu sort shook his head as if to say, “yeah, yeah shon gehort.” (Yiddish for already heard.) All the parties involved understand the election problem both here and it turns out also in Israel. That’s what I fear is driving the decision.I really fear how this will launch a nuclear race in the middle east.

The Genocide's in Africa once again is on the front page. What if anything we can do about the Old Sudan versus the new Southern Sudan even if we were willing? By the way there is now oil in Southern part. The traditional tribal animosities, now plus oil, continue to haunt that poor continent. Yet, how can we watch those starving children without a strong sense that “attention must be paid.” But what can we do? At the very least send food to the overcrowded refugee camps.

Now there’s the Trayvon Martin problem that has re-ignited the civil rights struggles of the sixties. Also shines light on the crazy STAND YOUR GROUND Law that lets you shoot first because you believe you were threatened. Talk about Crazy.!

How can we support that effort to shine a light on the continuing problem of rank discrimination by public authority against the civil rights of Black people? As the Sanford Police Department continues its clumsy efforts to picture Trayvon as the aggressor. It becomes increasingly obvious that a classic case of blame the victim is underway. (Ha, not unlike the 400 women in Afghanistan jails who were sent there because they reported they were victims of husband abuse. Once again the world is looking like an old time Insane Asylum.)

How can I Gage how my worry cup is doing? Is it by the number of Petitions I am asked to sign daily? As well as the endless pleas for money for the most worthy causes? Including, being asked to set forth some notions about how the occupy movement should reassert itself? Wow, what a terrible time not to be feeling up to par with so many, better world battles to be won. Oh I know you could add a few of your own issues. Just got to HANG IN THERE, LIKE THAT KITTEN ON THE WASH-LINE. My best RS

2 comments:

Allie Schrank said...

Dear Gramps- I enjoyed catching up on some of the worlds many pressing issues you've written about here. I often feel the same way- so many problems in the world, so many people to help, where does one begin? I've recently been debating tips in class such as the Treyvon shooting in Florida and wether or not insurance should cover birthcontrol. Often times I am so outraged it's hard for me to voice my opinion. One of my biggest concerns is that my generation just doesn't care! Today I was in class and my classmate sitting next to me asked me who Treyvon is and what had happened. Incidents like this have made me realize I really want to be a pert of my community and I hope my generation can get it together and help out. Until then I'll keep reading blogs like yours, watching Rachel Maddow, Jon Stewart and and staying as far away from fox news as I can. I'm also trying to convert many of my conservative (uninformed) republican friends and point out the aren't as one sided as they think. Well hope to hear from you soon and I love you and Kathy very much.

Love,

Allie

Robert Schrank said...

Allie: Thanks so much for your comment. No, never give up on the possibility of changing a persons mind. In my teen years took a course on "Soap Box Speaking." Teacher, Obermeyer, said If you haven't changed a persons mind it's because you haven't figured out how to convince them. Now gonna try to show Obama how to answer Congressmen Ryan's GOP Budget. Love Grandpabob.