Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Luigi, Goodbye

“Luigi stands in wonder of his prowess,”

The last line of a poem back in October.

Our proud, should I say imperious, Luigi.

With reincarnation at work

I do believe

Luigi was at least Tutankhamen.

If not, then Ramses the third.

It was just a week ago.

Suddenly as in a perfect storm

His royal highness was brought down.

His back legs crumpled
 
Like broken wooden sticks.

His eyes glazed over.

I thought I saw his tears.

Oh I know, “cats don’t cry.”
 
How do you know?

Now he stopped eating.

As if to say, “My race through the cat door is done.”

And then it was.

The Vet said, "He wants to leave.

Lets respect that.”

Kate and I cried.

A dear dear friend whose antics

Gave us so much joy.

Our home was his stage.

His grand entrance was always

A thunderous Meowww.

Oh we will miss you Luigi.

Not nearly as much as your brother Aldo,

Who searches endlessly

For his lost friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was an interesting read. I like your blog! You are a very talented blogger! Check out my blog for a free internet speed test. Comments appreciated!

--->Free Internet Speed Test<---

Anonymous said...

Dear Luigi,
We think about you often, your passing fills us with sadness. We sure did have fun with you even though you made it clear who was the boss. We miss you, take care.

Anonymous said...

Dear Luigi, Aldo, Roberto and Kate,

Damn, you little critter with the big soul for opening my heart and teaching me how to love.

Bless your furry covered heart for revealing what this journey is about.

Damn, for choosing to leave in these days of darkness when your light is ever so needed.

Bless your playful prowess for reminding me of my
strength.

And Luigi, may your travels be swift and show us quickly that you are close by.

keep cuddling each other,
kaima